How do I save a png with transparencies?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Hey friends,

I would really love to make an image inside C2 using Snapshot Canvas, which has a transparent background. For example... there are 3 layer, each with little objects, now I want to generate a picture of this 3 layers, showing transparency in the background.

Hope you got what I mean

Is this possible within standard C2?

Greets,

Beav

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey friends,

I would really love to make an image inside C2 using Snapshot Canvas, which has a transparent background. For example... there are 3 layer, each with little objects, now I want to generate a picture of this 3 layers, showing transparency in the background.

Hope you got what I mean

Is this possible within standard C2?

Greets,

Beav

Just make ever layer transparent (the one created by default isn't transparent), so the screenshot has a tyransparent background (however, the display will still show black at the background, but the saved snapshot will not have it)

• Just make ever layer transparent (the one created by default isn't transparent), so the screenshot has a tyransparent background (however, the display will still show black at the background, but the saved snapshot will not have it)

Hello, have a few quick questions. One how do you select just the layers that you want to save. The snapshot canvas tool only is allowing me to chose my file format and the name of the file. I can not find any options to save just say Layer 3 or crop options or other ways to limit where the snapshot happens.(Width and Height of image)

Thank you for your time

• >

> Just make ever layer transparent (the one created by default isn't transparent), so the screenshot has a tyransparent background (however, the display will still show black at the background, but the saved snapshot will not have it)

>

Hello, have a few quick questions. One how do you select just the layers that you want to save. The snapshot canvas tool only is allowing me to chose my file format and the name of the file. I can not find any options to save just say Layer 3 or crop options or other ways to limit where the snapshot happens.(Width and Height of image)

Thank you for your time

Not sure you can do this easily, you could in theory:

-set the unwanted layers to invisible

-take the snapshot

-one tick after, set the layers back to visible

Not that practical i must say, however, maybe the paster plugin could work:

You would just hqve to set the position and size of the paster object to the part you want to screenshot, then paste the layer inside of it, then download the content of the paster ( I think it is paster.imageurl ), I didn t tested though

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)