How do I run a game offline from disc?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi! When I try to load a game from my hd I get a popup warning that some features may be blocked when using the file:// protocol. But what features are limited and not working and is it possible to remove this warning somehow to let it run from your disc if you have just a very simple game/app with a scrolling sprite for example?

• And will it work if I install a local webserver on my PC (like XAMPP)?

• Well, why do you want an html5 file to run on a desktop? .exe or .app would be way better:)

• I want to include it into another app I create. Its a normal windows app and it contains a browser object. I want the C2 game to run inside the browser object in the windows application. It will be used to show some images/banners moving along the screen and its much easier to animate objects with bullet behaviour and wrap (+ effects like particles) with C2.

• Well, why do you want an html5 file to run on a desktop? .exe or .app would be way better:)

C2 can export to that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know, as node-webkit. But I cant open the .exe in the browser object, it has to be .html.

• The manual, as well as numerous other posts, give the many reasons why you can't run the exported html locally.

You must host the exported files either on your own webserver or ones such as Dropbox.

• I want to include it into another app I create. Its a normal windows app and it contains a browser object. I want the C2 game to run inside the browser object in the windows application. It will be used to show some images/banners moving along the screen and its much easier to animate objects with bullet behaviour and wrap (+ effects like particles) with C2.

Your custom app. Does it contain a FULL browser object or does it contain an HTML View?

These are hugely different. Java has an object that supports HTMLView, however that's it. It does not support JS interpreter. let alone tons of other browser features that C2 uses.

Unless your core app is about 20mb, then I suspect your app your making has an object that only handles HTML5 display. There is no way that is going to work. I found in my prior experience of wanting to use HTML5 and JS as an embded UI instead of standards uis. Was that most embeddable HTML5/JS objects were not full browsers.

Can you provide a link to the source for your Browser Object?

• Its a built in object in Autoplay Media Studio (http://www.indigorose.com/products/auto ... dia-studio) to show html files and can be used to make your own browser (but it seems some js scripts produce bugs on some websites). It uses Internet Explorer to show the html as far as I know (but not the latest version of IE).

Do you think it could work if I install a local apache webserver and open the index.html of the C2 project in it?

• I installed XAMPP and used localhost/bla/image.jpg and it seems to work fine. It would be nice to be able to get a list of all files in a folder with AJAX functions but I think it will work if I add a .txt file with all files in it.

But I get a security error popup in the browser object in my app (sometimes line 2422 in c2runtime.js) but it seems to work fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)