How do I restrict movement to horizontal or vertical only?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
a full game example, menu system, with the first level and a boss, to create a horizontal shooter
  • what i need to do to restrict the swap movement to vertical or horizontal direction only? Thanks.

• What's swap movement?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What's swap movement?

Change position? In my case, of two neighboring sprites.

• Dont really understand your question.

If what you want is swapping to sprites i would try sometihng like

spirte1.setposition to sprite2.X & sprite2.Y

Sprite2.setposition to sprite1.X & sprite1.Y

Dont know what you are really asking

• Imagine a match 3 game, you don't want them to move diagonal, just in the vertical or horizontal ... at least that is what I get from his question...

• Dont really understand your question.

If what you want is swapping to sprites i would try sometihng like

spirte1.setposition to sprite2.X & sprite2.Y

Sprite2.setposition to sprite1.X & sprite1.Y

Dont know what you are really asking

I want to make a puzzle in which the pieces can be swapped to only if they are above or on the side (right / left). I want to restrict the direction for not to swap diagonally.

• Imagine a match 3 game, you don't want them to move diagonal, just in the vertical or horizontal ... at least that is what I get from his question...

Exactly. Thanks for understanding.

• Sorry as im not a native english speaker ( I am from Uruguay) somethings dont really understand 100%.

I am not making and had never made that kind of game, but maybe this tutorial helps you:

http:// gamedevelopment.tutsplus. com/ tutorials/ make-a-match-3-game-in-construct-2-animations-and-block-swapping--gamedev-8354

• just quit the spaces. As i have less than 500 reputation i cant publish URLs (really i think that has no meaning at all)

• You may want to look at the Match 3 game tutorial, I believe it covers it. I don't have the link handy, but if you search google/bing for "Construct 2" + "match 3" + tutorial

you should find it.

• Actually I've seen this tutorial, but I wanted a simpler solution (no arrays). My puzzle has only 18 pieces.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)