How do I resolve Apple store rejection IPv6 issue?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Red Apple Game Sprites Suitable for side scrolling, action, adventure, and endless runner game.
  • Hello,

I have been trying to resolve this for the past 2 weeks without success and it is driving me mad.

I have published my first game on Google Play store using Cocoon as an exporter. That went smoothly(ish).

Then I tried the same for Apple. I don't have a Mac so I hired one online. I managed to get the certificates and all then created a signed project using Cocoon and since I can't connect my iPhone to the virtual remote Mac, I uploaded the app to the store and hoped for the best.

Two days later the app was rejected with

[quote:wx4vk2y9]"We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 10.3.2 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

• A black screen was displayed upon launch."

Searching on Google I found this

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums ... pic/685395

I can't test the issue since I am using a Mac in the cloud service. I followed the instructions and exported to Cordova with the WKWebView option unticked. Then I manually edited the C2runtime.js and changed the line

this.isWKWebView = !!(this.isiOS && this.isCordova && window["webkit"]);

to

this.isWKWebView = false; // !!(this.isiOS && this.isCordova && window["webkit"]);

Then I resubmitted my app but it was rejected again for the same issue.

Has anyone seen this issue? Is it a C2 issue or a Cocoon issue? How can I resolve it.

BTW, my app uses Appodeal pluging (if that has any impact)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• It's happening to me. the people over at Cocoon aren't admitting they messed up. Andy is saying everything is fine, and someone else is blaming Construct 2. Even though a week ago Construct 2 244 was working perfectly with Cocoon io.

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/splash-screen-issues/5428/9

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/compiler-doi ... ash/5452/5

• "I told you, v240 and above is no longer supported by cocoon.io because v240+ of construct uses webgl2 already. That what causes the black screen. I've been there on your situation too so what i did was is to downgrade the version of construct to v239"

from Jance0405.

thats not true. i've used 244 before and its been okay.

• Hi Phoenixbowman,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure my issue is the same as yours. You see I am completely new to exporting to iOS. I have never done it before. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. You might be able to help me since you were able to get it to work before. Could you please check the steps below and tell me if I am doing the right thing?

1- Export project to Cordova.

1.1 Minify script (un-ticked)

1.2 Use WKWebView (un-ticked)

1.3 iOS, Windows Phone .m4a (ticked)

2- After the export is done, edit c2runtime.js and set this.isWKWebView = false;

3- Zip the project and drop into Cocoon.io.

3.1 Set WebView engine to Canvas+

3.2 Use an iOS signing key.

4- Compile iOS build in Cocoon and download the .ipa file to a Mac.

5- Upload the .ipa file to iTunes using App Loader.

Is the above OK? Did I miss anything? Is Canvas+ in step 3.1 the correct choice?

As for your issue, I was wondering if the issue was a Cocoon issue, would you be able to build with the previous version of Cocoon. I noticed that there was an option to build with a previous version there in the settings.

Many thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Phoenixbowman,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure my issue is the same as yours. You see I am completely new to exporting to iOS. I have never done it before. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. You might be able to help me since you were able to get it to work before. Could you please check the steps below and tell me if I am doing the right thing?

1- Export project to Cordova.

1.1 Minify script (un-ticked)

1.2 Use WKWebView (un-ticked)

1.3 iOS, Windows Phone .m4a (ticked)

2- After the export is done, edit c2runtime.js and set this.isWKWebView = false;

3- Zip the project and drop into Cocoon.io.

3.1 Set WebView engine to Canvas+

3.2 Use an iOS signing key.

4- Compile iOS build in Cocoon and download the .ipa file to a Mac.

5- Upload the .ipa file to iTunes using App Loader.

Is the above OK? Did I miss anything? Is Canvas+ in step 3.1 the correct choice?

As for your issue, I was wondering if the issue was a Cocoon issue, would you be able to build with the previous version of Cocoon. I noticed that there was an option to build with a previous version there in the settings.

Many thanks.

apparently, cocoon stopped supporting web 2 so that kind of hurt all projects that are built in anything above v 239

• Thanks for the info.

Does that mean if I downgrade to v239 everything will work?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)