How do I remove the line between tiled background

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • hi guys how to remove the line ( is about a 1 px ) between a tiled background . i try all suggestions post here before without success. and thank you

• I think you can't remove it. But try to make the picture illusion

• you mean i use a vector back instead of pixel picture ? i will try that

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The line you see is probably actually blank space surrounding the sprite.

Look at the sprite in zoom and if it does not fill the sprite box that is your problem.

The way to solve it is to select and cut the sprite and set the sprite box to a smaller dimension and then paste the sprite back and select expand sprite box to fit.

That will remove the blank spaces so tiles align with no lines.

• The line you see is probably actually blank space surrounding the sprite.

Look at the sprite in zoom and if it does not fill the sprite box that is your problem.

The way to solve it is to select and cut the sprite and set the sprite box to a smaller dimension and then paste the sprite back and select expand sprite box to fit.

That will remove the blank spaces so tiles align with no lines.

its not sprite, its a tiled background. and my background is fine. and i seen this problem posted here before, but no solutions. when i turn off webGL the black line become a bit transparent . but it still exists

• yeah.. update me to that

• yeah.. update me to that

i see many posts about that problem in the tiled background.. ( i try to use 2 sprites instead of tiled background to create a scrolling horizontal background. but nothing working . i watch some tutorials about that but all of them not give me good result. the line disappear but i can't figure out how to scroll the background infinitly ) . i still not fix the problem about the black line between tiled background. it looks very bad in the game

• Well, still a Construct noob myself, but are you sure that this isn't the typical tile problem which is the reason tiles are often set up with "smeared pixels" around the actually used pixels so the GPU doesn't render blank space if resizing the tiles?

In GameMaker this is a common problem even documented on the official YoYo page:

(Sorry for a link to the "competition".. but the article seems to be fitting here..)

https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadio ... tiles.html

I think I've read somewhere that construct takes care for this problem itself.. but who nows.....

• Well, still a Construct noob myself, but are you soure that this isn't the typical tile problem which is the reason tiles are often set up with "smeared pixels" around the actually used pixels so the GPU doesn't render blank space if resizing the tiles?

In GameMaker this is a common problem even documented on the official YoYo page:

(Sorry for a link to the "competition".. but the article seems to be fitting here..)

https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadio ... tiles.html

I think I've read somewhere that construct takes care for this problem itself.. but who nows.....

no i don't think so my tiled background is fine. i tested many backgrounds and i get the same result. and i try many ways to scroll my background infinity also with the same problem.

• i manage the problem by using a 2 sprites background instead of tiled background. now i have another question. how to make the player not scroll with the scrolling background ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)