How do I remove all sprites that I am not using in the proj?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • So after conclusion why my game is so big so is it because I have images that I don't need that is being used.

Is there a way IN Construct 2 to choose all objects that are not being used, and delete them?

• In the project bar under objects you can right click on the object you want to get rid of and click delete. I'll upload a screen shot if you aren't sure what I mean. I don't know of a way to do this for all unused object types at once, but it shouldn't be too much hassle to right click and delete each one. Hope I helped!

• My understanding is that, for instance, if you generate images/ sprites that are going off screen, they remain part of your game. Therefore you need to choose "destroy outside layout". You obviously know more about your game and structure than I do so my comments are just general in nature. Also, it may be helpful to say exactly which images are redundant or whether you are referring to images in your files.

• In the project bar under objects you can right click on the object you want to get rid of and click delete. I'll upload a screen shot if you aren't sure what I mean. I don't know of a way to do this for all unused object types at once, but it shouldn't be too much hassle to right click and delete each one. Hope I helped!

Yeah, but I have like 600 objects because I was testing around different sprites ect and never removed them because it was my first game, and now when I exported it, file was quite large, so I deleted some images that wasen't being used, and now the game wont load because missing files, (I tested multiple times now to readd images, delete images ect) and that is the problem!

• Oh, that is a lot of objects! I guess I would just recommend that next time you delete as you go, sorry I couldn't help out. Hope you find a solution!

• Oh, that is a lot of objects! I guess I would just recommend that next time you delete as you go, sorry I couldn't help out. Hope you find a solution!

Yeah I know it's my fault, I am also stupid with the names.

"Spikes" is a main object in my game, I have like 50 different ones in my game that isn't being used because I was testing around as stated.

And they all have the name "Spike, spike1, spike2, sprite 32, sprite 66" ect...

For my next games I will always delete as I go and keep a good name scheme

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Another tip that may help you out next time is to iterate your game development. For example, if you make a change to your game save it as a copy of the original but as "name of your game_2". So, sequentially, you will know which is the latest iteration and if you encounter a problem in the current, you can delete it and re-load the last working one.

Never make huge edits and just save it as the original because at some point along the line, you will encounter serious challenges that will either take you time to solve or make you you want to give up altogether.

Programming in general can be frustrating quite a lot but common sense ideas can save you a lot of trouble.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)