How do I reduce engine fps costs?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a game inspired by great arcade classics as Operation Wolf
  • I am so stuck.

My game was running at 60fps early yesterday. I edited a lot of things that I forgot to keep proper track of. When I saw fps was at 27%, I clawed through the code looking for anything triggering often. Found 2 things with a 10% count and squashed them- fps rose to 42%.

But it seems that despite extremely low draw calls and code being actively used, the fps has dived because of the engine.

What does that even mean? How can I reduce the engine costs?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • See where it says 5454?

• See where it says 5454?

Yeh it turns out the object count was slightly too high. I reduced it to 5000 and it runs at 60fps

• I originally didnt think that would be the issue though as I thought that would come under draw count

• Most common causes are listed in Performance tips.

However if you can spot a big difference like that after making a change, you know it must be the change that caused it. Narrowing down what that is can be tricky, which is why it's important to check regularly.

• Kenthria 5000 objects on screen still being too much I think. Not every PC configuration will do the 60 fps that you have.

• Kenthria 5000 objects on screen still being too much I think. Not every PC configuration will do the 60 fps that you have.

Not all but my PC is far from great. Below average- graphics card with a broken fan, 4gig RAM ( i use a lot of apps and stuff in Chrome when testing too ).

Thankfully too- anything above 30fps is fine for the type of game it is, but I'm fighting to not let it close. No physics, no pathfinding, just tiles that are mostly idle- until interacted with.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)