0 Favourites

How do I reduce bulk capx image sizes?

• 90% of my game lag comes from big pretty images, and layouts as big as 120,000 x 5000. What I need to do, is reduce all images down in size, so that I can change the layout size. I doubt scale will reduce loading time. So is there a way to get into the capx files, and bulk change image sizes by %, for me to then open the cap in Construct with every image smaller, say half size, and ready for me to move around a bit and change layout size?

Thanks.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 90% of my game lag comes from big pretty images, and layouts as big as 120,000 x 5000. What I need to do, is reduce all images down in size, so that I can change the layout size. I doubt scale will reduce loading time. So is there a way to get into the capx files, and bulk change image sizes by %, for me to then open the cap in Construct with every image smaller, say half size, and ready for me to move around a bit and change layout size?

Thanks.

The layout is so big, I am sure that there are numerous instances in the layout. There are many optimization tips and guides you can read to know what you may have missed:

Hope you find your answers in some of this too.

• I've noticed that scirra says that if you rename a ex-capx file that has been made a zip, been extracted and rezipped, back to a .capx, that construct will open it. This hasn't been the case for me.

• I've noticed that scirra says that if you rename a ex-capx file that has been made a zip, been extracted and rezipped, back to a .capx, that construct will open it. This hasn't been the case for me.

Yes. That usually works. I don't really understand what you mean. But re-zipping extracted construct2 files is readable and supported by construct2 maybe there is something that conflicts it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)