How do I rectify app crashes?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hi,

I'm developing a mobile game, which consists of 280 levels. I don't have any issues with performance on the mobiles till 160 levels but recently I updated the game with 200 levels then the app started crashing. I'm not blaming Scirra for this but this is where I can find android game developers using Construct 2 and I'm hoping to find a solution here.

I built the app with crosswalk on Intel XDK. It was working fine till 160 levels until I updated the game with 200 levels. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I cleared the cache and data also. I restarted the mobile and checked. After doing all this the game is running smoothly but when I exit it and reopened it, the app is crashing. Also the app is crashing when it is updated.

Here is the link to the app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hetraveler

I'm not sure where it is going wrong. Please help.

• I checked the error report on my Developer Console. This is what I got.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: IAB helper is not set up. Can't perform operation: queryInventory

at com.smartmobilesoftware.util.IabHelper.checkSetupDone(IabHelper.java:784)

at com.smartmobilesoftware.util.IabHelper.queryInventoryAsync(IabHelper.java:612)

at com.smartmobilesoftware.util.IabHelper.queryInventoryAsync(IabHelper.java:641)

at jp.wizcorp.phonegap.plugin.wizPurchase.IAP$2.onIabSetupFinished(IAP.java:285)

at com.smartmobilesoftware.util.IabHelper$1.onServiceConnected(IabHelper.java:260)

I'm not sure what this means. Please help.

• I have no experience with this, but IAB is 'In-app billing'. Does the number of purchasable items also increase with the levels? This may have more to do with the number of purchasable items, than the number of levels.

• blackhornet Hi, thanks for responding. The game contains only two purchasable items even the levels increases. the IAPs run in this way.

On start of layout-> Request store listing

-> Restore purchases

On store listing available

On touch of product 1-> purchase product1

On touch of product 2-> purchase product2

Later I added few more lines

On store listing available

If product1 not purchased-> On touch of product 1-> purchase product1

If product1 is purchased-> On touch of product 1-> consume product1

If product2 not purchased-> On touch of product 2-> purchase product2

If product1 is purchased-> On touch of product 2-> consume product2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi

I have the same problem. You have solved?

• radbrothers

Hey, yes I resolved it. I just removed "Restore purchases". It works just fine now.

• Good! Thank you for answer!)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)