How do I Re-Upload apk after adding advertisements

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Hi guys,

So I've had my app on the Play store for a little while, and I compiled it using Intel XDK and crosswalk. I've now added adverts to the app using AppWrapper and re-signed the app using this guide: However, when I try to update the app in the Play Store I get the message that "You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):"

Is there any way to go about addressing this issue?

Thanks a lot, Nick

• Are you using the same keystore ?

• Intel XDK doesn't take you through which Keystore to use, it just kind of does it

• You'll need to update the original project inside the Intel XDK. If you are unable to do this, then you are out of luck. Google will not help you and there is no work-around.

You may have to start a new app.

• Reverate Off course you can use you own keystore

And if you already use the keystore gived by Intel, you can ask them and they'll be sent it to you.

(Sorry if I don't answer the question, I'm french and my english is not perfect)

• Yeah I didn't realise you could self sign! Ok great, I'll ask them to send me the keystore and see if that works. Thanks

• Yeah I didn't realise you could self sign! Ok great, I'll ask them to send me the keystore and see if that works. Thanks

But you were already self-signing, weren't you? So what are they going to send you? Maybe you generated a new keystore instead of just signing with the same one, thus the error? I couldn't see the guide you followed due to the removed URL.

• The first time I uploaded to the Play Store I didn't self-sign, I used Intel XDK to do it for me. Then I had to update the app outside of the XDK and self-sign it but I don't have the keystore that they used

• The first time I uploaded to the Play Store I didn't self-sign, I used Intel XDK to do it for me. Then I had to update the app outside of the XDK and self-sign it but I don't have the keystore that they used

ah gotcha, same scenario as I had. Also for trying AdWrapper (which I quickly dropped )

• Reverate Off course you can use you own keystore

And if you already use the keystore gived by Intel, you can ask them and they'll be sent it to you.

(Sorry if I don't answer the question, I'm french and my english is not perfect)

Im not sure how this screenshot helps with using your own keystore. In fact, looking at the XDK interface, I don't see any place where you can input your own keystore to sign an app.

Is this even possible?

Thanks.

• JLH1964 Look a the last option : "Crosswalk version"

Then look the option just above : "Signed"

And uncheck it. Now you will be able to sign the app with your own key.

And as I say above, if you've already use the keystore gived by Intel, you can ask them and they'll be sent it to you.

• Search for 'jarsign' and 'zipalign'. It's a manual process.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • JLH, yes it is possible to self-sign, if you just uncheck the "signed" box, then you can sign your app manually afterwards. I have just got an e-mail back from intel with my keystore and password, so they will send that to you if necessary!

codah, is there any reason you dropped Appwrapper? What would you recommend for putting advertisements in the app?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)