How do I put Icons on Intel XDK

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • Yes I am constantly getting a broken image Glitch as seen here

that is all I need to complete to finish my app

is the icons/splash screen but always ends up breaking once uploaded to the intel xdk

• Welcome to the forum. 😊

Icons have to be in the same directorty as the .xdk file. Also, i think they have to be png's. Does that help?

• I have tried those methods placing icons in same directory and png format

same result intel xdk after I upload it on it breaks the image

Thanks for the welcome ^^

• About over five hours in I realized this YOU NEED too put in the icons before you export it if you try to put in the icons after you export it (in my case I was dragging the icons into the folder after it finished)

Intel XDK WILL count it as a broken and invalid image THIS IS exceedingly important and please this will save you time if you are working with the same format as me dont make the same mistake import your icons in CONSTRUCT 2 first before exporting

• cruzcontrol31 thats not how it works it might of made it work for you but as said above it just needs to be in the directory

• About over five hours in I realized this YOU NEED too put in the icons before you export it if you try to put in the icons after you export it (in my case I was dragging the icons into the folder after it finished)

Intel XDK WILL count it as a broken and invalid image THIS IS exceedingly important and please this will save you time if you are working with the same format as me dont make the same mistake import your icons in CONSTRUCT 2 first before exporting

You're a life saver!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're a life saver!

This thread was 3 years ago and following this advice you won't be able to put the icons properly.

Intel XDK has a new version that creates a folder for you to put the icons in outside of C2.

Export C2 to Cordova, create your icons and splash screen separately then when you try to add icons in XDk, click on any of the add icon options then XDK will create a separate folder for you to paste your icons in.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)