How do I ...preview my app before XDK submission?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • so? how do i preview my app ads before building it?

I'm not sure you can. I tried using 'BlueStacks' that allows you to run an APK on the desktop but most C2 generated APKs wont run in BlueStacks for some reason so that's pretty much useless.

It really is a time-waster as you have to basically publish your app just to see if ads are running OK.

Does anyone have a solution?

• You don't have to publish it, just build in the XDK then install the APK directly.

• You don't have to publish it, just build in the XDK then install the APK directly.

I understand that but my point was that by the time you get to actually testing/viewing the ads, you have taken all the build steps and have a package that is ready to publish.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yea I know.. kind of tedious. You could simulate ads yourself in C2 I guess To organise your UI around them or whatever. Maybe a plugin.

• Yea I know.. kind of tedious. You could simulate ads yourself in C2 I guess To organise your UI around them or whatever. Maybe a plugin.

My issue is that I usually forget to turn off 'Test' ads or use incorrect credentials in the plugin. Then I have to start the whole export/build process all over again. It'd be ideal if ads worked in XDK - I wonder why they don't. I'm assuming its because the 'plugin' is added at build time. Too bad we cant do a pre-build or something.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)