How do I post a simple facebook feed?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • How do I let the player post a (simple) feed on facebook, from within my game?

(platform: html5 game, run from a browser, but I might also later try this from the Play Store)

So: player clicks on facebook-icon. After clicking on the facebook icon, several screens and options (I do not know in detail how this looks like, or what options there are) let the player decide to post a message on his/her facebook wall with a text, like "my score with this game was xxx".

This is what I have done so far, without any good result:

I have registered as a facebook app (it's in development mode) and received from FB an APP ID.

I have read the Scirra manual, outdated tutorials and I have experimented.

2 hours later I am writing this forum post.

So far the only thing I could think of trying was:

in C2:

click on icon --> go to url: "https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=MY FB APP ID".[/code:1ddimlhj]
    Result: browser goes to facebook. Facebook says:
    [i] "you gave an invalid parameter to this feed. 
    API error code: 100. 
    API Error Description: Invalid parameter
    Error Message: Requires valid redirect URI."[/i]
  • 1 friendly, gentle and not obtrusive bump ^^...

• You need create an app in Facebook Developers, and put the secret ID in the Facebook plugin properties in Construct 2. Do you know made this? Sorry for my bad english.

• You need create an app in Facebook Developers, and put the secret ID in the Facebook plugin properties in Construct 2. Do you know made this? Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks, I will try that.

I already have a FB ID though. And I put it in the FB plugin.

I thought the secret ID was not necessary, unless I want to do anything with scores? (I only want to post a message on FB)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Messages"? Do you want mean "Posts"? To prompt posts in Facebook, as best way you'll need the App ID and App Secret. The best way is using the Facebook API to prompt post with a link you've choosen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)