How do I open web page in default browser in crosswalk?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Is it anyway possible? I want to add more games button, but open in new window does not work...

• Same issue here. I have added the IntelXDK object to my project and have tried the IntelXDK "Launch External Site" action, but it always opens up an in-app webview rather than the phone's default browser.

• After poking around a bit, I realized that the "IntelXDK" object actions don't seem to do anything in Crosswalk. URLs are only opened using the "Browser" object. This means that if someone clicks on a link to my webpage in the app, they are taken to the page but can't navigate back because there are no browser buttons or a URL bar. The Android "Back" button doesn't work either.

Any ideas? It seems like there should be an obvious solution that I'm missing.

• Results of troubleshooting:

The IntelXDK "Is in IntelXDK" condition is not evaluating as true when I compile to Crosswalk 4.32.76.7 (stable) or to 5.34.104.2 (beta).

The IntelXDK "Launch External Site" action is not firing in either of the beta or stable Crosswalk releases.

The Browser object's "Open in a New Window" action IS firing, but it is not opening a new window. Rather, it is navigating to the new page. But without the back button, you are stuck on the new page and can't go back to the game.

I hate to say it, but I might be forced to use CocoonJS because of this.

• Was there a solution to getting stuck in the 'browser'? I have the same issue I have a link to my full app version on google play but it means the user gets stuck =(

• The Browser object's 'Open URL' action should work in Crosswalk in r169+.

The Intel XDK object does nothing in Crosswalk. It only applies to AGI (formerly DirectCanvas). The object is actually renamed to "Intel AGI" in the latest betas.

And when is one of those versions hitting Steam?

C2 is stuck at r168 on Steam and I can't sell a couple games on Android just for this problem/bug

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Beta releases are made simultaneously on our main site and on Steam. See http://steamcommunity.com/app/227240/discussions/0/810923021602340037/.

• It still does not work... I mean Open In New Window... Itested now, with latest Crosswalk and Construct

This isn't working for me lately recently with Crosswalk though I have gotten it to work before.

Right now my action looks like this:

Browser | Go to "<url here>" in a new window ("NewWindow")

It works on my computer but not Android device. Anyone have success with this recently? Maybe I need to configure my settings in the Intel XDK or something... will post update if I figure out the solution.

EDIT: Found the solution in another thread. You need to edit the "Intent (External Whitelist)" field in Intel XDK to either use * or if you want to specify exactly what you want to whitelist you can. Thanks to this thread for the solution:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)