How do I Only scale the width of layouts?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi constructors,

I do my first experience with construct 2. ...

How do I scale the width of layouts?

On System Event there is only a scale action for layouts. But I want only scale the width.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if you look under the project properties. click "view" and you'll see "Fullscreen in browser". scale inner is good to fill vertically, scale outer is good for making a project fill from left to right.. but scaling things.

Letterbox scale is the default which enforces the aspect ratio. I don't really know the exact breakdown of each of the other modes, but they should be in the manual.

Hope that helps.

Caleb

• Thx but this is not exactly what I wanted.

More Informations:

I develop a iOS APP, for iPhone. Window Size: 1136,640 (iPhone 5)

My Layout Size is 6656,640. Now I want a scalebar to zoom in and zoom out.

So I want to scale the width of layout between 1136 and 6656.

(1/6656*1136). But only the width.

Also: I want to set the position at runtime.

• yea I'm not sure about that. what are you trying to achieve? i read it that you want to basically see a normal 1136x640 view to squeezing in 6656 pixels of information also into the same 1136 view creating a squishing effect?

• Yes. Only a horizontal (width) zooming and scrolling engine. For example a piano. There you can zoom out to see all keys (the whole layout width is shrinked) Or you zoom in and see 100% size of keys.

• maybe you need to just dynamically change the graphics themselves.. create the illusion of panning.. if all of the graphics are perhaps modified by a common global var.. then you could shrink/expand/move-left-more-right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)