How do I multiplayer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Do anyone know how to do integrate game center for multiplayer support in there game

• If you could spare 3 more second to set proper title for this post I think someone could actually answer your question.

• check this

Edit:sorry i still don't have enough rep to post urls try to google construct 2 multiplayer.

• Multiplayer is the proper title thats what im trying to figure out

• Multiplayer is the proper title thats what im trying to figure out

Proper title is "How to integrate game center into multiplayer"

What multiplayer? Your own custom made system, or the multiplayer plugin, or does game center run the multiplayer?

I don't know how game center operates.

Do they have some sort of api? Can they accept post/get etc etc

Can you write your own system to integrate with theirs?

Because there is no plugin, there is nothing available to do that... is it possible? (if they have a api etc - probably).

But unless you have the knowledge to do this, then NO!, and I presume, if you had the knowledge you wouldn't be asking this question...

Understand... this would be a pretty big job, and nobody is going to do it for free.

I have no idea how game center works - but I would imagine this would require some very specilized skills, modifications...

So "How to integrate game center into multiplayer"

You pay someone... but the chances are very slim that you yourself can infact do this...(I am speaking from a point of view that I don't know how game center integrates games into their system)

If you can write your own plugins, have no problem with sending/retrieveing info and interacting with api, then this is very doable.

Lets Face Facts!

Lets be honest, you have posted a bunch of How to I.... so you obviously are in over your head.

You need to spend at least a year learning the tool "Construct2" and you will need to learn a vast amount to handle anything that is multiplayer, especially if you want to tie it into game center, and play with the big boys. Your skill level is not anywhere it needs to be.

Your time would be best suited doing a lot of small things, learning as you go... or raise a huge amount of capital (because this is going to cost you lots)

• As i understand GameCenter is a central hub for player information. GameCenter doesn't actually do the multiplayer. Having looked at games on ios that use gamecenter. These games still use systems such as Photon, Raknet and others to handle the actually multiplayer game play elements.

So DUOIT title is correct. how to integrate GC into multiplayer is correct. And since there is a plugin for GameCenter in C2 already you are all good to go. happy game making.

• And since there is a plugin for GameCenter in C2 already you are all good to go. happy game making.

I'm an idiot, lol.

Shakes head in shame.... honestly I haven't used game center, so didn't put 2 and 2 together. Been using C2 for a year and never touched game center...

lilvee1989, Well that will make the whole process easy - lol.

• Game center is achievements and chat like you see if u was playing a ps4 or some. multiplayer or game center its all the same

• Game center is achievements and chat like you see if u was playing a ps4 or some. multiplayer or game center its all the same

Never used it - Gulp!, but then again I don't have ps4, and I do steam, origin, and uplay.

Anyways, having access to a plugin is going to help you tons. I would change the title of the thread to reflect that you want to integrate multiplayer with Game center.

• lilvee1989

No it's not. what your gauging is the end experience from the user side. From the developer side these technologies are distinct and not the same. If you use one set of sub culture words which can refer to different meanings then your effectiveness to communicate is hampered. As a developer it's best to learn the terms and lexicon of any particular group.

What's going to happen is that future new developers are going to be misinformed and it's everyone responsibility to to help each. Which is the point of a forum.

So for possible future readers. Game Center at the time does support multiplayer game. GC supports leader boards, achievements based experience.

Anyways I'm done. I think the thread is covered well enough.

Just to make categorical distinction:

Game center is not multiplayer, it's a social functionality.

• my point of this post was too ask who know how to do multiplayer or how do you add multiplayer in your game and not exactly what it is . i dont think anyone read my first post

• i dont think anyone read my first post

I don't think you described it concisely.

When you're asking something, don't be too lazy to describe it, it's not like we know some voodoo to actually understand what you're asking.

• my point of this post was too ask who know how to do multiplayer or how do you add multiplayer in your game and not exactly what it is . i dont think anyone read my first post

We read your first post "Do anyone know how to do integrate game center for multiplayer support in there game"

That is NOT "how to make multiplayer" or "how to add multiplayer".

There are a number of folks making multiplayer games, myself included.

You have a number of choices...

Do you want to use the built in multiplayer plugin?

Or

Do you want to make your own?

Edit:

What duckfaceninja said.

Seriously, you need to spend time making what you write understandable. We don't know "voodoo"<-

And I haven't the time to decrypt cryptic messages.

Infact it was answered on post 3

Google: Multiplayer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I rather use the built in multiplayer plugin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)