How do I move my paddle in pong-multiplayer

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • I make a pong multiplayer game but after the game start when I touch the screen I moved my paddle and my rival paddle.

how do I move only my paddle?

• Is your Rival Paddle a CLONE of the Player paddle...? if so ..it may be using the same event handlers in your events sheet..

It sounds like you have same controls and /or touch recognition for each paddle...

• Is your Rival Paddle a CLONE of the Player paddle...? if so ..it may be using the same event handlers in your events sheet..

It sounds like you have same controls and /or touch recognition for each paddle...

It is my events:

but now i can't move the paddle (block1) and I use the pong-multiplayer tutorial

• A Few things I noticed...not sure if they matter..

In your 'Signalling' Group...Your's differs from the Tutorial...As seen here

https://www.scirra.com/images/articles/mppong-ev8b.png

Your events differ considerably from the Tutorial Events ..it may cause problems

Specifically when Setting 'Block.peerid ' yours is set up differently from the tutorial...You may want to check any errors The tutorial says to associate it with MyID not PeerID...

You have both the host and the Peer set to the 'same ID' from what I can tell it should be two different ID's

Also..that tutorial is for Mouse Controller..I am not sure if it works the same for Touch....I guess it should but there might be differences in the setup

That's all I can see at the moment..

• A Few things I noticed...not sure if they matter..

In your 'Signalling' Group...Your's differs from the Tutorial...As seen here

https://www.scirra.com/images/articles/mppong-ev8b.png

Your events differ considerably from the Tutorial Events ..it may cause problems

Specifically when Setting 'Block.peerid ' yours is set up differently from the tutorial...You may want to check any errors The tutorial says to associate it with MyID not PeerID...

You have both the host and the Peer set to the 'same ID' from what I can tell it should be two different ID's

Also..that tutorial is for Mouse Controller..I am not sure if it works the same for Touch....I guess it should but there might be differences in the setup

That's all I can see at the moment..

I fixed but I can't move the paddle(block1)

• Under Peer Group...You have the client input set to' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'

Also in the next group "common" you have done the same thing.... Using ' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'

does that help?

• Under Peer Group...You have the client input set to' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'

Also in the next group "common" you have done the same thing.... Using ' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'

does that help?

Thank you the pong work great

does that help?

The game work on the computer(I opened 2 browsers in the same time and the game work good) but I make the game in the android(.apk with phonegap) and the devices don't connect

What to do??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • have you tried this alternative .apk exporter?

This page has a short tutorial on how to successfully export a project to android.apk

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1035/make-quick-app-android-app-apk-from-html5-website-export

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)