How do I move character with fluid animations

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • Hello, I want some tips to make a character game with platform moves, but I want to put animations in the caracter when the key left or right is pressed he walks, when the key up is pressed he jumps and when the key down is pressed he kneel down. I try with the basic manuals but when I try to move the character it sometimes moves, sometimes is standing, sometimes seems like he slides, sometimes doesn't move... I think is something with the events (I don't know if it's better to use key is down or key is pressed)...

How can I attached my capx file ?

Thanks.

• Instead of using key presses for the event, try using the platform mechanic.

Make a condition "IF Character is Moving & IF Character is On Floor", play running animation - ELSE, play idle animation. And then on key presses you can set whether or not you want to mirror the image for the left/right direction. Hope this helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much ome6a1717, off course your post help me a lot!... I Think I just have to do the right animations for when the character is falling.

Thank you very much.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)