How do I monetize apps? please help me!

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi everyone i got 5 doubts and really hope someone can help me clear my doubts. i read and study lots of post and tutorial and already got the basic idea to add ads to android and ios app using cocoonjs and mopub!

but....

1) i want to upload to kongregate and clay.io as well how do i add ads to it, do i have to find and manually add my ads in construct, or the sites are the ones in charge to add them and pay me a percentage of it?

2) with facebook apps can i add ads as well? and how do i do that, i also didnt find a friendly way to add IAP with facebook correct me if i am wrong.

3) google chrome hosted apps, how do ads work for them, or how and from where i can looks for ads.

4) with ads for tizen and amazon again how do i add them? or can use cocoonjs and mopub the same way as if was a android app.

5) to finish off i am planning to buy a host (cheap one) i see facebook apps need a ssl, exaclty how does this work because my host told me they give me a shared ssl..does this does the trick?

sorry for the long post, but really have these doubts to khow where i am going, i see i am going to have trouble to sell my apps because for example i cant use google merchant account because my country is not allowed so i cant use iap or sell my app, so i am forward looking to publish as many sites i could and incorporate ads so i can gain some money! thanks in advance!

• Here' a good way to get started:

A simple solution to get started is to download pode html plugin here:

Install the plugin into C2 then you can use leadbolt for ads, sign up here:

http://www.leadbolt.com/

then read the following tutorial here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/740/how-to-monetize-your-appgame

You can also search tutorials section on ads and monetization for more advanced solutions.

• Thank you very much for your answer i will give it a try!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Also vapsy please use the search functions of the site, the tutorials section and the manual. This is a very large topic and it is something you will need to do some research on as well. Going to Kongregate and Clay.io sites and reading their documentation on how it all works should be the very first step if you want to put your games on their sites. Like anything, putting time in to actually research and read the documentation will get you very far. All these questions seem to say, I don't feel like doing any searching or reading myself, can someone else do it. I am not trying to be rude, but at some point you need to do a bit of searching and reading the documentation unless you just want someone else to search for it for you and then paste it all here. Do the research and then ask specific questions when you get to the point where you are doing it and you run into things that don't work. You will get much better results that way.

• Thanks men, and believe i have been reading for almost a week, i have pretty hard times because of my english and most of the documentation of other sites like google play they always talk as i am developing on their native sdk, so that's why i am asking if someone already been to that process and give and idea to where i should be looking that will be friendly with contruct 2.

i was looking forward to use clay.io for cross platform achievements and leaderboards i ask to them if a really could use their payment api for iap in all platform or google play will take my app out for not using their google wallet, but i havent got an answer of them. but also read a lot of bad things about cocoonjs performance and that doesnt work pretty well with clay.io

• Here' a good way to get started:

A simple solution to get started is to download pode html plugin here:

Install the plugin into C2 then you can use leadbolt for ads, sign up here:

http://www.leadbolt.com/

then read the following tutorial here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/740/how-to-monetize-your-appgame

You can also search tutorials section on ads and monetization for more advanced solutions.

Leadbolt can be used with crosswalk? fi doesn't, what's the best alternative?

Thanks men, and believe i have been reading for almost a week, i have pretty hard times because of my english and most of the documentation of other sites like google play they always talk as i am developing on their native sdk, so that's why i am asking if someone already been to that process and give and idea to where i should be looking that will be friendly with contruct 2.

i was looking forward to use clay.io for cross platform achievements and leaderboards i ask to them if a really could use their payment api for iap in all platform or google play will take my app out for not using their google wallet, but i havent got an answer of them. but also read a lot of bad things about cocoonjs performance and that doesnt work pretty well with clay.io

I'm on the same boat.. lol

I really like clay.io, but players don't like the need for create an account for play a simple game...

• BluePhaze is 100% right on all counts and I should have said it too. Always search the tutorials section with words like "monetization" and "banner advertising". I posted what is probably the easiest way to get started. There's a lot of info and always something new. It's always best to research, then engage the issue directly, start trying it, and then start posting questions as you encounter problems. Good advice BluePhaze !

• vapsy did you find the answer to your number 5? Did you get my PM?

• hey Jjanikowski man got any email! i cann't send any private message yet!

• The most simple way to monetize is to add a AdMob banner or interstitial Ad to your app/game.

AdMob Plugin Pro is the best choice so far.

If you are using Intel XDK, Add a Third-Party Plugin (Get Plugin from the Web), input:

Name: AdMobPluginPro

Plugin ID: com.google.cordova.admob

[x] Plugin is located in the Apache Cordova Plugins Registry

Just google "com.google.cordova.admob", you will find the github page with easy and detailed guideline.

• How did the Flappy Bird guy make his millions? (serious question) I know it wasn't done with C2.

• It's obviously not a requirement to make a good game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)