How do I make this kind of simple commands?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I have found so many problems about using simple commands like these, and I don't know if Construct 2 works sometimes in a diferent way I think.

For example:

SpriteA 8direction is moving ( or N key is down) - Action: SpriteB Flash for 3 seconds

Doesn't work!!!!

It starts when primary action has finished. Anybody knows?

• is moving and/or key down are true every tick, so every tick sprite b starts flashing again and so it starts at the beginning every tick and it seems like nothing happens..

try adding a system trigger once while true condition and it wil work.

another way would be adding an every 4 seconds condition so it can flash for 3 seconds an wait one second and start flashing again..

It's just that if the conditions are true every tich the actions will be performed (or started) every tick..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thegodo - as a variant of what LittleStain suggested, you could use the Is flashing condition and invert it (right-click, select Invert) to only start flashing if it's not already flashing.

E.g.

Conditions:

SpriteA 8direction is moving

X SpriteB Is flashing -- (where X means inverted)

Action:

SpriteB Flash for 3 seconds

• It works with "every 4 seconds" choice, but not with "trigger once" (in this case all got unamovible). Thanks LittleStain.

Your opinion OddConfection was brilliant and simple too. But, is there a plus with the stopped flashing when the SpriteA is not moving anymore?

Anyway, thanks for your assistant, dudes.

EDIT: I can answer myself XD. Only decrease the interval of flashing at minimum value and it stops almost at same time that sprite stops its movement. Isn't it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)