How do I make the y coordinate of my layout infinite

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A procedurally generated infinite runner in 3D for Construct 3!
  • What I want to do is create a layout that either keeps creating itself or goes on forever until I die and it restarts. I do not mind doing a loop but I do not want to repeat scenerios. For example a game like Doodle Jump keeps creating random scenerios for the infinite amount until the player dies. If I make my y coordinate infinite though it will lag greatly and not load.

Thanks

• I'm not sure what I mean by making a y coordinate infinite, but there's an infinite jumping template that come with Construct that might help you get started. You can find it by creating a new project and scrolling down the list to find Template: Infinite Jumping.

• What I want to do is create a layout that either keeps creating itself or goes on forever until I die and it restarts. I do not mind doing a loop but I do not want to repeat scenerios. For example a game like Doodle Jump keeps creating random scenerios for the infinite amount until the player dies. If I make my y coordinate infinite though it will lag greatly and not load.

Thanks

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/857/flappy-birds-clone-in-10-minutes/page-4

This might help you, scrolling back ground and randomly generated obstacles... its a flappy bird tutorial... lol

• Tombufa , you could use unbounded scrolling to have infinite layout size. This option can be found under the "Layout properties" (just click anywhere on an empty space and the preferences for the layout will appear on he properties panel (or bar as it is called within Construct 2).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thankyou everyone the problem is solved after I found the template

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)