How do I make sprite imitate other sprite after x seconds?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Like tourists, Travel around the world as fast as you can!
  • Hi,

I am currently making a platformer game.

I want Sprite B to copy Sprite A's movement after 0.25 seconds

Currently, I have given platformer behaviour to both of them.

but on Sprite B, I've put when key is down, wait 0.25seconds, then move.

However, for some reason, Sprite B move a little bit less and a little bit more than Sprite A.

Is there a way for Sprite B to copy Sprite A's movement after 0.25 seconds exactly?

I've been trying days to figure this one out

I would very much appriate it if anyone could give me a hand

• I was able to get it to work using platformer enable/disable.

I made a keyboard event of any-key-pressed and set action 1 as sprite 2 platformer disabled, then a wait of 0.25, then a sprite 2 platformer enabled.

I am not sure what your trying to do exactly but it seemed to work like you described. You could change the any-key-pressed to whatever trigger you needed or set it up for each separate keypress.

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

However, I think you misunderstood my question.

I will try to explain it more clearly.

This is the example of what I want to achieve.

Please watch around 10:28 mark

https://youtu.be/sRrWu9wU4JA

Just like how dogs follow the main character.

I would like to recreate that.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks.

• In summary, You want to make a follower.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=162256&p=983233&hilit=follower#p983233 and some other thread on the forum could help

• Try using the lerp feature if you want to make a follower? I am not certain this will work, but it might work...

• That looks exactly like how mine looked when I tested it this morning if the sprite-B was also evented to move to sprite-A until overlap if no buttons are pressed...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey toy for the replay guys.

Chrisinfinger, can you share the project file with me? for some reason I am not getting the result you are saying.

Sprite B does move after 0.25 seconds but it does not travel the same distance as Sprite A.

Also, since it is a platformer game, It is more than just X position. When Sprite A jumps, then Sprite B should jump at the Positon as Sprite A jumped from and follow sprite A's jumping trail in order to sync with Sprite A's movement.

Phantomumboxing, tried Lerp but it wasn't the result I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

MadSpy, I've played with your snakey project and it looks really great. However, is there a way to apply animation to the body of the snake? based on my assessment of your conditions, body sprites are repeatedly created and destoried.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

• Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I would very much appreciate it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)