How do I make skill tree menu

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Hello!

It is my first post here - I was looking for the same problem but I didn't find it.

I make a platform game with RPG elements. I would to have skill menu when some button is pressed.

When player click some button it open new layout and then show skills tree - when player click it again last layout is opening.

It's works.

BUT

When player back to game layout then all non persist objects are recreated.

I don't want to make all sprites persist because I want to have only one layout with persist enemies.

What can I do?

• That is a problem if you use a second event sheet with your second layout.

You can have multiple layouts running from a single event sheet and use a global variable to determine which events are run. That would keep all objects in place but you will have to set variables when you switch from one layout to another.

If you use restart layout or reset global variables then sprites will go back to start.

You can also set sprites to persist or not persist in the sprite behaviors.

• Thank you for reply!

It is possible to copy sprite with variables to other layout? Or I must use global variables?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for reply!

It is possible to copy sprite with variables to other layout? Or I must use global variables?

You can set local variables to a sprite but global variables are set in events generally and they are global meaning they will change with any layout or event sheet as you play the game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)