How do I make Sinistar Scrolling

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • I'm trying to figure out how to make smooth scrolling movement from one side of the layout the other side to give the perception of infinite space. Not sure how else to explain it, I think the way Sinistar plays is kind of like what I'm trying to do. I sifted thru the forms trying to look for an example but I couldn't find one.

• This depends highly on the way you want to layout your game, e.g. if you want infinite scrolling or just inside your layout.

If you simply want to follow the player on the layout, you can give him a "Scroll To" behavior.

If you want to scroll infinitely, I will tell you the details, if you really wanna go with this.

• I guess I want something like the Scroll to Behavior. I want the player to be able to fly around the lay out and when they reach the edge it seamlessly takes them to the opposite side of the layout.

Right now when I have it set on Scroll to Player Object and I have the Player Object set to Wrap to Layout, it will follow the Player Object until it gets close to the Layouts edge then it stops and then when the player leaves the layout it does the jarring jump back to the opposite side.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not like Asteroid. Asteroid is a small fixed screen, I want something that's more expansive. I want the camera to follow the player around and when they get to the end of the layout they're automatically taken to the opposite end seamlessly without a jarring cut or leaving the layout like in asteroid.

Like Sinistar:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

This is the only example I can think of, I'm sure there's a few other space games like this.

• dansilveira you found a way bro? Just want to do same thing here, but no sucess ):

• This depends highly on the way you want to layout your game, e.g. if you want infinite scrolling or just inside your layout.

If you simply want to follow the player on the layout, you can give him a "Scroll To" behavior.

If you want to scroll infinitely, I will tell you the details, if you really wanna go with this.

Can you share this details randomly? Guess you have some trick that can help

• I posted a solution for dansilveira in another thread:

I'll update the dropbox link in that post soon.

EDIT: I've updated the dropbox link for the example capx (r233)

• Oh nice OddConfection thank you bro! Now the mission is to implement enemy movement in this method of your's... tricky huh L:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)