How do I make score improve when the app is not running.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi everyone,

I have a 'bank' in my app. The user puts some of their score in the bank and I'm hoping to make it increase while it is in there.

I was wondering how I can make the users score (when in the bank) increase over time? As if they are generating interest.

Most importantly I would like it to work even when the app is closed. Is this even possible?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

• I think you would have to gather the difference in time between plays. Something like save the current time/date and the next time the user open the app compare the current time to it. Then convert it to seconds and do the calculations on how much their score should have improved in that amount of time. This of course lets the user cheat if they change the time on their device.

• I think you would have to gather the difference in time between plays. Something like save the current time/date and the next time the user open the app compare the current time to it. Then convert it to seconds and do the calculations on how much their score should have improved in that amount of time. This of course lets the user cheat if they change the time on their device.

Hi Firewires,

that actually sounds like a pretty plausible way of doing it thanks!

I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to Construct though - could you advise me as to how I can a) save the time/date specifically (instead of the whole game) b) compare the two times? I've read the manual cover to cover a while ago but I can't remember anything in there that would help me with this!

Oh just one other little note - the game is mobile based.

Thanks for your help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I see 2 plugins that might help you in the Completed Plugins section of the forum:

[Plugin] System date and time

[PLUGIN] Date to string

If you need help installing the plugins refer to this:

Hope this helps you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)