0 Favourites

How do I make pulse effect

• Hi

I was watching The Next Penelope trailer that I noticed when the player destroys other cars a pulse effect get created with explosions that impacts on the background, like this:

How can I make it?

• I figured it out myself but if you have a better solution please share it. Thank you

Here is the capx if you want to check it out: (click on the screen and you will see the pulse)

• So I kind of don't like my solution, it's not pretty enough

So if you have a better way to make pulse effect (kind of like a wave) please share it here

• You are looking in the right direction, effects were definitely used for that game.

You'll need to experiment a bit on your own regarding layering effects and sprites to get the effect you want.

Assuming what you mean by a wave as in having the effect spread from a point rather than the entire screen, remember you can use effects on individual layers or objects as well. If you also use blending modes, you should be able to get the overall effect you are looking for. (Use the wave effect on a sprite with blending, then increase the sprite size to grow the wave.)

• You are looking in the right direction, effects were definitely used for that game.

You'll need to experiment a bit on your own regarding layering effects and sprites to get the effect you want.

Assuming what you mean by a wave as in having the effect spread from a point rather than the entire screen, remember you can use effects on individual layers or objects as well. If you also use blending modes, you should be able to get the overall effect you are looking for. (Use the wave effect on a sprite with blending, then increase the sprite size to grow the wave.)

can you make a capx?

I have tested a lot of ways but I couldn't make something similar to what I saw in that trailer

Thank you

• something like this

sqiddster

• As oosyrag said, you really need to experiment with adding effects to sprites. You'll quickly understand what's going on, I'm sure.

Try creating an image of a ring on a transparent background and add the lens effect to it, see what happens. Play with blending modes too, as they are essential to creating the effects you want as well.

I will make an example for you in a few hours, if you haven't figured it out by then.

• Here's an example. I won't be able to make the exact same effect, It really is up to your own experimentation.

Or if you are set on having that exact effect, you can PM the creator... I believe he is still active on these forums.

• I had a slightly different solution than oosyrag, but the more the merrier, right?

(click left mouse button to create shockwave)

You can change the shockwave by altering the image, which I have provided for you to get an idea of what to experiment with.

capx, plus some shockwave graphics...

Hope that helps.

• oosyrag ryanrybot

Thank you guys for your examples they really helped me

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks a lot better than mine! I actually haven't explored all the effects myself yet either.. It would be nice to have a page documenting all the effects visually.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)