How do I Make objects have different gravity forces.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I want to have my player affected by gravity toward the "bottom" of an object that is inside of.

For example, my player is an astronaut. When it flies inside a spaceship, I want to have it fall towards the floor in the ship regardless of the ships current rotation.

If possible, I would also like to know if its possible to link two objects rotation in a similar way, so that once you enter the ship, you match its current rotation and fall towards the floor of the ship.

I am very new to even lightweight programming such as Construct 2, and I cant figure out how to do it with the documentation I comfortably understand from teh manual (not a lot of it).

Any help will be appreciated.

• Try Yann's angled gravity: https://app.box.com/s/l3stzikw12kwlxv4gh0o

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can set gravity in platform behaviors to some extent but gravity is used with the physics behavior so you want to read the tutorials on using physics.

A sprite with the physics behavior can have world gravity set so you can make it float around like a spaceman.

You should also look at the Sine function tutorials as that is a cool effect that makes a spaceman move in different directions that would simulate the effects of space.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)