How do I make objects fall?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be careful and guide your animal safely to the grounds.
  • Hi

So at the moment i have this unicyle the i need to be able to fall over left and right. The idea of the game it to keep it upright whilst going over bumps/hills. Any idea how to make it fall as it is just upright at the moment (i have physics on) and also how to make it change angle when i press left or right key, thanks a lot. ( im new to this so just learning

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you should make the bicycle out of multiple objects, two wheels(give them the physics behaviour) and connect them to the body with physics joints(the body doesn't have to be a physics object). This should make the motion out of the box. Just apply forces to move the vehicle. I believe you can achieve rotation by modifying the angle of the body, but I'm not sure about this, though...

• If you want to use the physics-behaviour, you should make the unicycle out of multiple objects..

Seperate the wheel from the top (Use Circle for collision mask of the wheel) , create a joint with the seat..

when pressing left or right set the angle of the seat and add a torque to the wheel if wanted..

Compare the angle of the seat and if it's too big, add an action to make it fall (very much a matter of your choice how to do this)

• Thanks for your feedback LittleStain, Everything is going great. All im not sure is about the joint, some help about joints would be awesome.

Thanks and sorry for posting twice, i wasnt aware of bumping posts.

• Thanks for your feedback LittleStain, Everything is going great. All im not sure is about the joint, some help about joints would be awesome.

Thanks and sorry for posting twice, i wasnt aware of bumping posts.

"Some help about joints" isn't very clear..

What is the question you have about joints?

Did you read The manual about Physics?

There are also two links in the manual to tutorials:

Physics in Construct 2: The basics

Physics in Construct 2: Forces, impulses, torque and joints

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)