How do I make node-webkit un-windowed?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I'm sure someone has figured out how to make a game un-windowed using the fullscreen of Node-Webkit. All my forum searches come up empty.

I'm using Windows 8.1, my game is 1920x1080 and I've tried everything in the Configuration Settings with no luck.

am I supposed to do something to the .exe?

• Hi! Do you mean just a normal full screen mode for node webkit or "un-windowed" like a window app without the borders?

If you just want a normal fullscreen you can use the Browser Plugin actions. Just doubleclick on your layout, add Platform Specific "Browser" object and then you can use the following actions:

Request fullscreen

Request that the browser enter fullscreen mode. Note the browser may ignore this request unless the action is in a user-initiated event, such as a mouse click, key press, touch event or button press. There are three different fullscreen modes that can be entered:

Center - center the game viewport in the fullscreen view

Stretch (crop) - extend the game viewport to fill the fullscreen view

Stretch (scale) - scale (zoom) the game viewport to fill the fullscreen view

Cancel fullscreen

Return to windowed mode if the browser is currently in fullscreen mode.

This works in node-webkit exports. I use this for my new game.

Full details in the Construct Manual: https://www.scirra.com/manual/110/browser

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • or if you meant without the borders ('frame-less')

Before export: ...make edits to exporters\html5\node-webkit\package.json

"window": { ....
     ,"frame": false
    }
    [/code:4wpwlpks]
    [b]OR[/b]

After export : 
    windows or linux : package.json is inside [i]package.nw[/i] (it's a zip file)
    mac : ... [i]osx\newproject.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\package.json[/i]
  • then you can use the following actions:

Request fullscreen

Request that the browser enter fullscreen mode. Note the browser may ignore this request unless the action is in a user-initiated event, such as a mouse click, key press, touch event or button press. There are three different fullscreen modes that can be entered:

Center - center the game viewport in the fullscreen view

Stretch (crop) - extend the game viewport to fill the fullscreen view

Stretch (scale) - scale (zoom) the game viewport to fill the fullscreen view

Cancel fullscreen

Return to windowed mode if the browser is currently in fullscreen mode.

Not sure if I'm not seeing it correctly, but the only action I see that has the word "Request" in it is Request Attention from User.

The only thing there that suggests Windowing is "Maximize" but that still leaves the Windows border around the game.

• or if you meant without the borders ('frame-less')

Before export: ...make edits to exporters\html5\node-webkit\package.json

"window": { ....
     ,"frame": false
    }
    [/code:1j7szgca]
    [b]OR[/b]

After export : 
    windows or linux : package.json is inside [i]package.nw[/i] (it's a zip file)
    mac : ... [i]osx\newproject.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\package.json[/i]

I didn't have the line "frame" in my json, so I added it. But it did not work.

I'm talking about the Windows border around the game. Currently when I run the game.exe it makes it look like a windows program is running. If I were in Chrome I'd hit F11 to go fullscreen to get rid of the border.

• Just have a button that says something like 'Press ENTER to Start' and this covers the user request. You can then go fullscreen for the game.

• the Browser:"Request fullscreen" will enable fullscreen and remove the windowborder of your node webkit export. It works fine for my new game, just try it.

• ahh the Browser Object.. okay.. I was looking in the NodeWebKit Object.

in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zke3d9ohypyi ... .24.24.png

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)