How do I make my cutscene work ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi there,

I made a cutscene using a globale variable and several steps, here is a screenshot :

I don't understand why but the first step (variable = 0) works, then the character is mirrored and after that she is supposed to simply go on and walk but she stops every second and is mirrored again. Everything is fine, I made no mistake, I must be ignoring something about C2 logic ?

• You'd want to add "System: Trigger once" to each of those three events. Event 14 is running (and queueing up all those actions) every tick while Scenes = 0. You only want it to run once.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm so stupid, I actually know that. Thanks ramones , let's move on to the next problem ahahah I just did what you told me and now the character won't move at all...

• Ah yeah I didn't look at the actions properly. Because you're using 'Simulate pressing right' you actually want it to run every tick.

You could split it into two events:

Scenes = 0: Simulate pressing right

Scenes = 0

Trigger once: Wait x seconds...

• Wouldn't it be easier to use the timer behaviour instead of the wait action?

scenes = 0

-- every tick

simulate pressing right

-- trigger once

start timer with tag "scenes0a" for 15 seconds

on timer "scene0a"

set maximum speed to 40

start timer "scenes0b" for 3.5 seconds

on timer "scene0b"

-- set maximum speed to 30

-- start timer "scenes0c" for 1.5 seconds

on timer "scene0c"

set maximum speed to 40

start timer "scenes1a" for 0.5 seconds

on timer "scene1a"

set scenes to 1

sprite set mirrored

etcetera..

• OK guys thanks very much I'll try that tonight and let you know, cheers!

• Hi,

ramones, thank you so much, that works perfectly. I am not finished with the cutscene yet but I'll post a link once it's done so that you can see the results

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)