How do I make my character move during an attack

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • I'm using a varible canMove to set when character attack animation is playing, movement commands will not be played so the character wont do nothing while the attack animation is playing however I wan't the character to move a bit because the he is taking a step while attacking... I could remove the step and make him attack while standing still but I really want to make him move accordingly to his step.

I've tried setting a function to make him move simulating platform movement, and also tried setting X vector, both resulted on him only moving for a tick and then stopping even when I don't set the vector back to 0.

If it helps, the condition to make him attack is one trigger "if Keyboard A is pressed".

If this is impossible to do this with one trigger conditions can I have info on how to make attack animations without them?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could simply use the sprite set position or move at angle actions, using the suitable animation frame to trigger the action (seperate from the button press).

• yes but doing this kinda teleports the object and I want it to move smoothly during the animation

Edit: but I am gonna try those things again but instead of doing on button press, on animation playing, thanks

Edit2: Yes, it worked perfectly setting X vector, however I had to stop the walking animation from playing when the attacking animation is playing. Thanks again for the help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)