How do I make "hyperlinks" inside textbox ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • I would like the player to be redirected somewhere (web) when he clics it. I also need to display photos as charaters, inside of a text box.

Exemple: this amazing text comes with amazing words

Each time that amazing is found, it replaces the words with hyperlinks

I already know how to find words with regex, but not how to replace them with a link...

Thank you

• I was thinking about editing the properties of the textbox plugin... Is there just any hint to what I should do ?

• use the Browser Object - Go to URL.

To display a photo, load it into a sprite.

• Thanks but I don't understand how you can assign the "go to url" to a word inside a text box... Any documentation ?

• You would have to make the text a sprites I should imagine or the word a sprite, most of the text in my games mainly in menu is made in another 3D modelling program and exported into .png, this way you can add events to them in the event sheet, but I'm not making entire paragraphs I'm talking single words or basic sentences on screen, like "twitter" from the sounds of things your doing lots of text?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You would have to make the text a sprites I should imagine or the word a sprite, most of the text in my games mainly in menu is made in another 3D modelling program and exported into .png, this way you can add events to them in the event sheet, but I'm not making entire paragraphs I'm talking single words or basic sentences on screen, like "twitter" from the sounds of things your doing lots of text?

I understand, but yes, I'm planning to use lots and lots of text... But yes I think your thechnique is good. I replace the word I want by a sprite. The only thing left is that I need to find the coordinates of my word, to move the sprite to it's posision... Any idea if regex can do that ? Maybe by counting characters, and converting them into coordinates.... but again, how can I do that ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)