How do I make Character Shop

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easy to use shop and inventroy populated by an array!
  • So I have the layout ready I just don't know how to make it so that once the player buys the character the player can equip it, and always choose a character to play with before game start? Also how do I make the game save the amount of coins the player has collected?

• Take a look at the "LocalStorage" object for the coins problem: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1461/h ... age-plugin

This in combination with an IAP plugin (depending on your compiler) will help you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Woah there, a lot of questions jam packed together without a lot of information. Not sure it is the best way for you to get answers.

Have you looked up tutorials on each? What ways have you tried? Or even considered?

Did you make a global variable to hold the amount of coins?

• nvm the coins I figured it out. What I want most is the shop. I want to know how to make the game save a player buying a character, so they dont have to buy it twice. I would also like to know how to make the bought character equipable.?

• I have tried tutorials, but they're too complicated and I spent a long time searching the forum for similar requests

• nvm the coins I figured it out. What I want most is the shop. I want to know how to make the game save a player buying a character, so they dont have to buy it twice. I would also like to know how to make the bought character equipable.?

Sounds like you will just need to setup instance variables and check those variables. For example, boolean called 'bought' and if bought then don't show in shop but show in inventory and make it able to select.

I have tried tutorials, but they're too complicated and I spent a long time searching the forum for similar requests

Don't say it is 'too complicated'. That just means you have more to learn but makes you sound like you don't want to put any effort into it. It will make people not want to help you.

You also should to tell everyone what you have tried and what part isn't working. Many people will gladly help you and make suggestions when they hear what you have tried. But no one wants to build a whole project for you.

Are you using instance variables for the items?

• don't you think that global variables would be better? I

• don't you think that global variables would be better? I

Depends on the circumstance

• actually on second thought I actaully need the coins one, because If the past couple of days have taught me anything, it's that coin and high score are pretty different. Please Help!!

• anyone?

• actually on second thought I actaully need the coins one, because If the past couple of days have taught me anything, it's that coin and high score are pretty different. Please Help!!

Are you using a global variable for the number of coins?

• Use arrays to save what your players have bought.

You can read up on arrays and their usage either on scirra own tutorials or any coding sites.

• I am using global variable called coins.

• I am using global variable called coins.

Are you doing the following:

Adding to 'coins' when the player is collecting them

Comparing if 'coins' is greater than the cost of the item when a player tries to buy it

Subtracting from coins when purchase is made

If so, what else are you trying to do?

• I did all of the above, I am trying to make it so that If the player exits the app then opens it again, they will still have their coins.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)