How do I Make better text

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hi!

I'm making this:

Is there any way to make copy+paste-able text that still looks nice? The only way i find is the text box, and i can't find a way to make the background transparent.

Also, How do i make the text underlined?

Also, it would be VERY nice to have a way of editing the text directly in the layout. I know construct isn't made for making websites, but i know i'd want this feature if i was working on a game as well. It's very hard at the moment to make the text look the way you want it to.

By the way, it's SO nice to come back and see how far C2 has come! Feels like it's finally caught up with C1 in stability and features, and all the investments and long-term thinking is really starting to pay off!

Amazing work Ashley, you are unlocking a lot of potential in the world and its inhabitants.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can set the style of TextBox object using it's "Set CSS Style" action. Of course this requires a very basic understanding of CSS. The below screenshot shows how you could remove the border and background of the TextBox object and set the text underlined:

[attachment=0:pesfa7zd][/attachment:pesfa7zd]

However, this sets the entire text in the TextBox as underlined. You cannot set the font style for just a portion of it (at least as far as I know).

I hope that gets you what you need and good luck with your project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)