How do I make an object spin/rotate?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • So, I was trying to look for an answer, but all I got was to make it spin/rotate like the sun, in a orbit.

But I want the object to spin, like this:

Any ideas?

EDIT: I forgot to say. The object needs to move AND spin, so I'm using bullet behavior, and its because the bullet behavior that the object instead of spin on itself is making a circle movement.

• Use the rotate behavior.

• Use the rotate behavior.

Oh, ty but I forgot to say. The object needs to move AND spin, so I'm using bullet behavior, and its because the bullet behavior that the object instead of spin on itself is making a circle movement.

Is there any behavior instead of bullet to make an object move by itself?

The object is like a meteor that goes crossing by the screen in a straight line and you have to avoid it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've not tried to do what you're trying to do before, but if bullet movement is fundamentally messing up what you want to do, why not make a container object that has an invisible bullet behaviour object and a separate visible sprite that does the rotating animation laid on top of each other?

• The bullet behavior has a property "set angle", set that to "no" and the rotate behavior won't change the angle of the bullet's motion.

• The bullet behavior has a property "set angle", set that to "no" and the rotate behavior won't change the angle of the bullet's motion.

That worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

I've not tried to do what you're trying to do before, but if bullet movement is fundamentally messing up what you want to do, why not make a container object that has an invisible bullet behaviour object and a separate visible sprite that does the rotating animation laid on top of each other?

Thank you too, but R0J0hound's solution worked for me, and it is simpler! As I'm a newbie I'm gonna stick with that for now!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)