How do I make an isometric game?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • Hi,

I want to make a game with isometric graphics and I have some trouble with it. I read a lot of things about how to create isometric worlds and I have the problem that my ingame objects don't all have the same size. It wouldn't look good though when the player has the same size as a tree..

I used this Tutorial by Katala and played around with the example capx a little. As soon as I have different sizes for the player and the walls, everything with the Z-Sorting fails. Also my assets don't have the same width as height. Is that a problem?

This problem is mentioned in the end of this Tutorial too, but I haven't found a way of fixing it.

Does anyone here have experience with isometric games and can give me an explanation on how to properly do this in Construct 2?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Look at rexrainbow 's Board and SquareTx plugins. He has an isometric mode for square tx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your answer!

I'll have a look into that. I'm just using multiple objects to create one big object now, as it works the best for me this way.

I also stumbled upon a new problem, but I will be creating a new post for that

Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)