How do i make an enemy npc have a fixed path?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • Hey. Today is release day at the studio, so I'm a little too busy. I'll try to make a demo when I get home tonight, ok?

Okay man, thats much appreciated! Youre a legend.

• If you don't mind me asking, what are your intentions with this game when it's complete?

• If you don't mind me asking, what are your intentions with this game when it's complete?

Its a school project my friend. Im only 17 so we are just learning at the moment.

• You shouldn't expect people to just "do it for you." First off, that's entitlement. Second off, you have almost no information.

Especially if this is for a school project you should do the research yourself. Use the tutorials section, YouTube, Google, and if that doesn't work, you should post in the correct forum section with much more information.

• You shouldn't expect people to just "do it for you." First off, that's entitlement. Second off, you have almost no information.

Especially if this is for a school project you should do the research yourself. Use the tutorials section, YouTube, Google, and if that doesn't work, you should post in the correct forum section with much more information.

Ive done it now anyway. Trust me my friend ive been learning this and trying this for a month now and I looked on old forum posts and everything. I was desperate as the deadline is Friday. I posted this in another section. I got the help i needed...

• > You shouldn't expect people to just "do it for you." First off, that's entitlement. Second off, you have almost no information.

>

> Especially if this is for a school project you should do the research yourself. Use the tutorials section, YouTube, Google, and if that doesn't work, you should post in the correct forum section with much more information.

>

Ive done it now anyway. Trust me my friend ive been learning this and trying this for a month now and I looked on old forum posts and everything. I was desperate as the deadline is Friday. I posted this in another section. I got the help i needed...

Although I agree with DatapawWolf, I think you just needed to phrase your request differently but I'm glad you got your help in the end. I was gonna help but I wanted to know if you were hoping to publish your work for revenue or what not.

• I went ahead and pulled together a tutorial explaining a more advanced version of this movement. No bounds on speed, support for unlimited objects, and objects following the path are guaranteed to go through the center of each waypoint.

Path Movement Tutorial

I'll leave the implementation in your game to you, but I highly recommend studying the CAPX provided in the tutorial. It utilizes some more advanced strategies, but everything is commented, and it will do you a world of good if you fully understand why it works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No need to post multiple topics, keep it to a single one.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)