How do I make an animated tiled background?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
40 ambient sound loops. A wide selection of looping ambient sounds for different locations.
  • I'm wondering how i could make an animated tiled background (or at least make it change its texture) because I'm working on a game where the dimension changes and it changes textures.

• Ryan, Kdot Development

BTW, I tried making a different layout, but it didn't work...

• You can't make an animated tiled background. Maybe you should use effects and try to achieve what you want?

• But, effects are only for WebGL, would it work on mobile devices?

• Yes, they all work even on mobiles without WebGL. Just make sure 'Enable WebGL' is always 'On' in your Project Properites.

• The only 'light' way of doing that is sadly loading external GFX file from Project Files. Of course, you need to setup the speed and loop/cycle via events. But it is doable. Just be sure the TiledBg gfx files aren't that big. Because the engine will be loading/unloading it on fly. On modern desktops even 1024^2 won't lag. But on mobiles I would try with something smaller, like 512^2 or even less.

Yes, they all work even on mobiles without WebGL. Just make sure 'Enable WebGL' is always 'On' in your Project Properites.

Sadly - this isn't true. It all depends on device's hardware and OS version. As a rule of thumb - you want to avoid Effects if you plan on publishing your game on mobiles.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Yes, they all work even on mobiles without WebGL. Just make sure 'Enable WebGL' is always 'On' in your Project Properites.

>

Sadly - this isn't true. It all depends on device's hardware and OS version. As a rule of thumb - you want to avoid Effects if you plan on publishing your game on mobiles.

If that is true, then how come all effects in my game work on mobile devices?

• >

> > Yes, they all work even on mobiles without WebGL. Just make sure 'Enable WebGL' is always 'On' in your Project Properites.

> >

> Sadly - this isn't true. It all depends on device's hardware and OS version. As a rule of thumb - you want to avoid Effects if you plan on publishing your game on mobiles.

>

If that is true, then how come all effects in my game work on mobile devices?

It means you either did not used WebGL shaders, use it on a modern device or you confuse Shaders with Blending. I have 4 different android devices with android, ver. ranging from 2.X.X to newest 5.X.X and there is not a single Shader/Effect that would work across all of them. On oldest androids even blending doesn't work and you have to use sprite's alpha channel and opacity instead

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)