How do I make an Admob ad visible/show up? [SOLVED!]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • JLH1964, okay thanks for the tip, my game's still exporting from C2 right now, so when it's done and I open Intel XDK, I'll do that (correct plugin steps). I'll get back to you in like 15 mins (after I do this sound test). I really hope it works this time lol...

• Hey JLH1964, I just tested it, and yea, I can hear the sound when the "counter" reaches 7 taps, but still, the ad is not showing up;( So, does that mean that there's still something wrong with my Admob setup? What could it be (I don't get it)? I even entered in the admob plugin information correctly this time, like you said... like so:

• Weird - that's exactly what I have.

• Hey I know, I got the code from your other post (regarding this issue). The code appears to work, but admob's still not showing up. How did I do some wrong with my Admob setup? Any suggestions? I followed the correct instructions. Is there some extra object I'm supposed to create in C2 (that the ad is actually shown in) or something? OMG, I'm losing it (AHHHHHHHH!), I feel like I'm totally lost now:( This shouldn't be sooo hard to set up. I'm just missing one thing, but I don't know what that one thing is....

• If I were you, Id create a very basic 'Test App' and see if you can get Ads to show in that. Perhaps an app with one button and when you click it, show an interstitial. First, create a new Admob ID etc to use in the test app.

Something is whacked out someplace.

• JLH1964, could it not be working because it's not published on the Google Play store yet (I just sent the APK to my email and then tested it on my phone)? Does it work only after it's published in the store? Also, is the app that is shown on the AdMob monetize page, the app that is linked to your Ad Units?

Holy... I'm really confused here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey JLH1964, If I'm going make another simple (one button) test game, can I just click the same "New ad unit" button, which is on the same page that you see above, to get a new ad unit? Or, do I have to add the new "simple (one button) test game" to the AdMob website, and then click the "New ad unit" button under that specific app/game?

• Bump...

• Hello,

The fact that the game is not published will not affect whether ads are served to the game or not. Ads should serve.

Yes, just create a new Ad Unit of type 'interstitial'.

You dont have to link the ad unit to the game immediately. In fact, you dont have to link it at all. Thats a feature more for your convenience and not required.

Good luck!

• Okay, I'll try the one button test app, like you said (@JLH1964). Hopefully the ad shows up this time. I'll try it out and get back to you soon. Thanks for all your help so far (I really, really, really appreciate it).

• My pleasure - once you get it all going you will realize just how simple a process it is. Something's out of whack someplace.

• Hey JLH1964, I tried making the "test app" like you said, and yea, it did work... I saw an AD!!! Now, I just don't get it though... if it works on the test app, why doesn't it work in my actual game (I followed the exact same Admob setup process with both apps)? So, why aren't any ads showing up in my game (not even banner ads will show up on start of layout, I put in both banner and interstitial ads)?

In my test app, I only put one line of code, and it worked: when"myadButtton" is touched --> preload interstitial

--> show interstitial

• Is there a hidden mystical space added at the end of your intersitial ID in construct2?

• Hey JLH1964, I tried making the "test app" like you said, and yea, it did work... I saw an AD!!! Now, I just don't get it though... if it works on the test app, why doesn't it work in my actual game (I followed the exact same Admob setup process with both apps)? So, why aren't any ads showing up in my game (not even banner ads will show up on start of layout, I put in both banner and interstitial ads)?

In my test app, I only put one line of code, and it worked: when"myadButtton" is touched --> preload interstitial

--> show interstitial

The next thing I would try is to use the verified working AdMob Ad ID in your original app. In the past, I have had 'bad' ad IDs and creating a new one fixed the issue.

At least you know the process works

• Hey just checked if there was a "hidden mystical space added at the end of your intersitial ID in construct2", and no, there wasn't. The ad ids were fine (there were no extra spaces). JLH1964, I'll to create and put in new Ad ids in my game, and get back to you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)