How do I make a unique combo chain.....

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Combo
$10 USD
Button Combinations like in fightings, supports both keyboard and gamepads
  • Well, i've spent several hours trying to work out a particular combo system i'm envisioning with no luck. I'm wondering perhaps if anyone here can offer me any insight as to whether this is possible or not.

Basically, I want to have an object created (let's call it a bullet) and have the bullet individually tracked from creation to destroy. Like, I shoot the bullet (it's created), the bullet hits target one (a particle with one pops up above the target), the same bullet hits target two (a particle with two pops up above the second target), the same bullet hits target three (a particle with three pops up above the third target) and so on. until the bullet is off screen or destroyed. now, i can kinda envision this if there is just one bullet at a time, but in my case, there could be say 25 on screen at a time. my intention is to create a more dynamic scoring system where the first hit is 1, 2nd is 2, 3rd is 4, 5th is 8, 6th is 16, & so on. is there anyway for me to track each bullet individually? or am i wasting my time in pursuing this?

thanks in advance!

• Bullet on collision with target add 1 to bullet instance variable "hit"

->System repeat bullet instance variable "hit" times, bullet spawn object particle.

• many thanks newt, i will give this a try later!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • worked like a charm! thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)