How do I make a town builder game?

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Town Themes For Any RPG, RTS, or Fantasy Title!
  • Hi,

I'm very new to construct 2 - I'm just looking over the getting started tutorials.

Before I go down a path that might not lead where I want to go, I was wondering if there are any tutorials/examples of a very basic base builder game?

eg you have land, you have money, you can use money to buy buildings, put them on the land. That's it. Is there... anything that I can look at and tweak? The tower defense sample is focussed on path finding and arrow shooting - I don't want anything like that!

• First I would study games like the Tycoon series for ideas.

Then you will need to start collecting sprites and tilesets and ready made houses and building sprites are available just google them.

The rest is a matter of setting up a layout with controls for purchasing property, choosing a house and setting the house on the land. Pretty basic stuff.

This is a very basic CAPX that lets you click on properties to buy and places a house on the property to get you started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u23aq8rxexfh2do/House%20Builder.capx?dl=0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Lamar, is it ok if I also have a play around with your capx file for learning purposes also.

Regards

Deano

First I would study games like the Tycoon series for ideas.

Then you will need to start collecting sprites and tilesets and ready made houses and building sprites are available just google them.

The rest is a matter of setting up a layout with controls for purchasing property, choosing a house and setting the house on the land. Pretty basic stuff.

This is a very basic CAPX that lets you click on properties to buy and places a house on the property to get you started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u23aq8rxexfh2do/House%20Builder.capx?dl=0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)