How do I make a Super Mario "Map selector"?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • I was browsing around and saw this project someone posted:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... -bros-6115

Sadly there was no tutorial there / download for the capx file so we can look and see how everything works, I wonder if anyone would like to guide me on a 'map selector' like this so I could learn even more in Construct 2?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What specifically do you need assistance with? On the map he's probably moving to a point and then loading a layout, seems fairly simple.

• What specifically do you need assistance with? On the map he's probably moving to a point and then loading a layout, seems fairly simple.

Sadly that does not look simple to me, im still learning this software and I think I get the first point

"Player hits 'Keyboard D' -> Move to object "First point"

If this is even remotely close?

• There are several ways it could've been done. It could be press D, simulate D until you hit the first point yes. They could be set out like checkpoints and player stops moving on hitting each one. It could be custom movement, or 8-direction. The player on that screen might not even be player behaviour, could just be a sprite and its using the moveto plugin or just moving across X until it hits a level checkpoint.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)