How do I make a single sound file stop giving me reverb?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Source code, art assets and music tracks to remake this game
  • I have a single sound file that I make play if a certain event has happened, but the issue with the sound is this,

after it begins playing it gets a type of gain or reverb on it that makes it echo and the sound never stops playing until the next event is triggered (events are user triggered in this project). Is this a common problem? I recorded the sound as a .m4a then converted to .wav, so that it would properly convert inside of C2 - making a .ogg and a .m4a audio file for the program to access properly for playback. I have tried stopping the audio after it has reached the end of playback, it is not set to loop and I haven't adjusted the volume. It's just going totally crazy when the sound is called. Any way to keep the sound from playing over itself multiple times?

• That will be you. You are playing the file more than once. Make sure your events are set up to only play it the once.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That will be you. You are playing the file more than once. Make sure your events are set up to only play it the once.

I have the event setup to make some text and a sprite "appear" and then pin the text to the sprite's image point.

I have looked and looked and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it continues to play the audio file. Is there a specific method to make the audio file play only once? i thought that not allowing it to loop was telling it to only play once?

• Figured it out. Needed the Trigger Once While True, Special system event. Any single use audio file needs to have it attached if you don't want the audio file to play 60 times in a second, or whatever your frame rate tick is set to. Thanks for the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)