How do I make a platform RPG

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
An interesting platform adventure game. If you are looking for a very easy template to create your own Super mario.
  • I cant achieve what i am striving for in construct 2. Basically, it is a platform like RPG game. This may be confusing, but here is an example game. [quote:iobnw41n]Portal defenders - Newgrounds. and castle crashers on ps3 and PC.

I want to move like that. But how can i do this. The platform behavoiur or the 8 direction movement doesn't help. I cant do the combat either. I am a relative newcomer to construct.

Any help is apreciated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am a game designer and artist with little experience in programming ( only know basic javascript, HTML, CSS and actionscript so construct is a huge help to me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, snapline, I invite you to learn how to make simple components of your game one at a time. That's how all developers and game designers learn. If you haven't yet, you should follow the How to make a Platform game tutorial from the scirra team.

If you want to make a platform RPG, I invite you to make a few platform games first. Then a few games with basic fighting mechanics. Eventually, you'll be able to build on top of that and make a more complex game.

Good luck going forward,

Nathan

• well Valerien I know how to make a simple platform game. I made one and i was successful. But this platform RPG has me stumped. It is only the movement though. I think i can manage with everything else.

• Hey, I checked the game out. The 8-direction behavior should cover your needs for such a game. If you can give us a bit more details about your issue, and maybe a capx highlighting the point you're struggling with, I could check it out!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)