How do I Make A login System?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • Hello Scirra Today I wanna learn how to make a login system a simple one that is possible just from c2 thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please Help

• Very Good Tutorial shows you how

• Can u not read bro i said fromc2 only not a data base

• How you want to make a login system without saving the data in a database? You need the database to make sure if players name/password are correct.

• The tutorial is sufficient, but perhaps more than you're asking for. If you want an online login system, then that tutorial is good, or you can look into the clay.io plugin.

If you're speaking about a local-only login system (limited to the game and having nothing to do with any website or API), then it's absolutely possible to create such a system in only a few minutes using nothing but string variables and basic text boxes and related events. Throw in a simple "saving" system to store the names for later use, and you're done. Make sure to create a node-webkit object if you want to save to disk.

I must comment by the way that "Can u not read bro" is a fairly rude way to address someone who posted a helpful link for you. If for some reason what the link says does not work for you, then there are better ways to convey this information. Acting like a jerk isn't going to motivate others to get in here and help you out.

I think you can probably figure it out yourself if you mess around with a few tutorials to get a hang of the way scripting is done in C2, and how text data can be used, and so on. I'd like to help you further and if I find myself with an abundance of time in the next few days I'll do my best. But try not to be so snappy. This isn't reddit.

• I must comment by the way that "Can u not read bro" is a fairly rude way to address someone who posted a helpful link for you...

This guy [SKIPPY1919] was banned yesterday using another username. Moderaters have been notified.

He also has pirated version of C2. He is digging himself into a dangerous hole.

edit: sorry for confusion teacherpeter, added whom was being naughty.

• Me or the OP? The way you quoted me makes me worry there is some kind of confusion... I can assure you I have paid for C2 and have a perfectly legal copy. I also have never been banned under any other username.

If you're talking about Skippy9191, then that makes perfect sense to me.

• teacherpeter -

Lol, so sorry not you

The skippy9191, who was Kota etc etc etc.

He is now banned (again!)

Edit: I just quoted what you said about him being rude and wanted to inform you that he is has been reported.

• im not using a cracked version wtf people im on free version :O

• all my projects are in r163 free version -_-

• Trix420, or Skippy9191, or Kota - you keep getting banned.

You keep demanding capx, you refuse to learn c2.

You want people to make you videos because you are a visual learner.

Lots of us have helped you. You received a shop system, and how to add wardrobe to player. You want to make a big game, and expect the team members to do all your work for you. Oh, wait you said game was almost complete. A game that is easily a couple hundred events and not possible to make on r163 free version. You are rude, demanding and you admitted you got a hacked version of C2.

Reported again.

I have 4 topics and the rest is responses to other people.

the 4 topics: 3 were for bug reports and 1 was to say I managed to get my game to play on smart tv.

Almost 500 posts I have made to help people.

I studied the manual. I read the tutorials. I did the examples.

And I have managed. Yes, takes longer to do it this way. But in the long run, it is the better way.

• I have 4 topics and the rest is responses to other people.

the 4 topics: 3 were for bug reports and 1 was to say I managed to get my game to play on smart tv.

Almost 500 posts I have made to help people.

That being said, there is nothing, I feel, that is wrong with asking members of the community for some tips or even help with coding as long as you understand that you are not entitled to their help but are privileged to receive it. Be gracious, specific, and ask as little as possible at once. Certainly don't expect any favors (like posting a .capx or making a video tutorial) from people who owe you nothing. I've asked questions in the past, maybe too often at times, but I always try to be thankful and courteous and I don't get butthurt when people are unwilling/unable to answer a request expediently.

• teacherpeter

Agreed, I was stressing a point. He has been banned repeatedly and hasn't learnt.

Actually come to think of it, I think he is back again (new username) and I helped him out, because he handled that post correctly. I think it is him, asking same questions, but perhaps he learnt. All I hope he has tossed the cracked version and is using the free as he says.

That way with respect, understanding and integrity, he can build his game. Oh, work ethic too - lol

• I think DUTOIT isn't against people asking a lot of questions. But this guy didn't show any motivation to learn things on his own and expected other people to do his work. I understand it's frustrating and also rude when someone is always demanding but not even trying to put some efforts in his own projects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)