How do I make a good play area?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • I would like to create a 'Open world' 2D game top-down view.

Is that possible in scirra?

Planning to have it as a PC game, How do I make a good play-area?

should I just make a "map / play-area" that is like 50,000 x 50,000 wide (Let's say I will keep the layout to 1280x720)

Or like 120,000 , 120,000

Would there be any disadvantages with this?

• Triforce

you can set "Unbounded Scrolling" to yes in the layout properties, then the world can extend forever. You just have to generate the world as people go.

You may want to read up on Perlin Noise. There is a noise plugin for C2. That allows you to pick a seed number and then generate consistent results for your map at any given coordinate. (This is how MineCraft builds their worlds).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Triforce

you can set "Unbounded Scrolling" to yes in the layout properties, then the world can extend forever. You just have to generate the world as people go.

You may want to read up on Perlin Noise. There is a noise plugin for C2. That allows you to pick a seed number and then generate consistent results for your map at any given coordinate. (This is how MineCraft builds their worlds).

Not really an open world like that, but an close-open world that extends a long way and then entries to dungeons ect

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)