How do I make a Gameintro

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hey all.

I want to make for my game a cool intro so a little introduction to the game . However, I have no idea how to begin . Can anyone explain with what effects or plugins I can do this?

I would use Text Dialogs etc...

Thanks!

• You can use a Loader Layout to do this possibly.

• Hey all.

I want to make for my game a cool intro so a little introduction to the game . However, I have no idea how to begin . Can anyone explain with what effects or plugins I can do this?

I would use Text Dialogs etc...

Thanks!

Things you need to do:

1) In the Project Properties --> Project Settings --> Set "Use Loader Layout" to "Yes"

2) Make a layout that you will make as an opening and add designs(If you like Texts then you can put it in that layout but be more creative and add backgrounds).

3)Name that Layout for example("Opening")

4)Add Event Sheet for Opening and name the event sheet as "OpeningCode"

5)In the "OpeningCode" eventsheet write this event:

(Example event so that your layout will move on to the next layout after opening)

Condition: On start of layout :

-----> Wait 5 seconds

------> Go To Layout (MainMenu) - or anything that is already the part of the UI (User Interface)

6)You can also use Plugins for transitions and most native games always need transitions: created a plugin for this named Layout Transitions

Below is the link:

7)Go back to the Project Properties --> Project Settings --> Set First Layout to "Opening"

There you have it, you can make great openings if you spend good time on experimenting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your Help! I would test it =)!!

• I don't think that a Loader Layout is a good place to put game intro to. Loader Layout is a place where you can (and should) set your customized loading screen with progress bar etc.

Be aware that this is the first visible screen. So before it gets loaded user sees a blank screen, because it simply replaces the original C2 loading screen. Now when you put the whole intro there (sprites, fonts etc.) C2 engine will have to load it into memory before showing it to the user.

The loading process of the Loader Layour has no progress bar (because it's Loader Layout where the progress bar should be) so if you make it heavy user might experience a long blank screen which is not nice. So I suggest to do the Loading screen as light as possible just to load the game, and then GoTo "intro" layout where you can actually put the heavy animated intro stuff.

Now another thing. You cannot set a "layout loading progress bar". It works only for the first layout (Loader Layout). So if your intro layout is heavy with sprites etc. you may want to do a Layout Loading screen.

This you might find useful if you don't want to use external plugins: How to smoothly switch between layouts

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)