How do I make a constant stream trail?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • So I took a look at this post: is-there-a-way-to-give-a-sprite-a-trail_t65271

On how to make a trail. I thought it was great for something that only moved straight but I was looking for a more smoother look.

For my uses, I want to use a stream like effect on the exhaust of a rocket. The problem with using the trail in the forum is that it creates a whole other sprite and when the rocket is moving and taking all around turns, separate sprites are shown which completely breaks the effect. I was thinking something like a trail from One More Line or Tron, it's constant.

How would I use only one sprite to elongate into a trail steam and dissappear over a certain period of time?

Here's the Capx of the rocket using the trail:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdp5gkumklo1p ... .capx?dl=0

• If you change your sprite you can make it more like what your looking for. try using a sprite with edges that arnt so harsh so that they blend together

• Could you please explain what you mean a little more? Do you mean make the exhaust have more polygons or actually make it a shape?

I don't know how this could solve the flow of the exhaust stream. When the rocket move angles quite quickly, the stream breaks and even if it's on a linear path, individual sprites can still be identifiable.

• i mean change the look of the image. the best way to get what your asking is making it have soft edges. and the best result would probably be to have a soft sprite that is a circle of one color as blending would be easier. the current rectangle shape is what makes is not blend.

Fake edit: hey i decided to make what i mean. I made it quickly so you still have to adjust it(spawnpoint and ect) but it show what i mean. If you want more colors maybe try a gradient.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51220644/round.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Brilliant! This will definitely will require tweaks but I can accomplish it. Thank you Volkiller.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)