How do I loop through objects out of container

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies.
  • Hey,

I got the following situation:

1. I'm picking one instance of object by compare of type A.

2. Checking foreach object of type B if the B object is overlapping with picked instance of the object A.

3. Do action on object B

My problem, is that object A and object B are placed in the same container and the result of the operation above is that foreach operation is only searching for the objects of type B which are belongs to the picked instance of type A.

This is how containers work. I know that we could escape from the picked instance by using a function but I really struggle how the solution should look like in this case.

I want to take an instance of type A and loop trough all objects of type B regardless of the container's relationship.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The fact that they are in a container should only affect the last action which is when you do the action on B. It will also do the action on the A in a container with B, that's just how containers work. The part about picking separate B for an overlap with A should be fine.

• This should work:

Bring B into a family.

Pre-pick A as you like

Family is overlapping A

(For each A / if needed)

Let me know if it dont work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)