How do I lighten the load on layout start?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi! I'm developing a mobile game and have an issue when transitioning from the "Start" layout to the "Game" layout once exported to mobile through an .apk generated by Cocoon.io. The transition from Start to Game is speedy while testing over wifi, on both Android and iOS devices. However, once the game is loaded through the Google Play Store, the transition is slow, lasting from 2-4 seconds after the play button is clicked on the Start layout. I haven't tested through the App Store yet as I haven't bought an Apple developer license.

I believe the delay is caused by the destroying of ~40 objects "On start of layout" in the Game layout, but I'm not sure how to get around this. As far as I've read, they have to be included on start up to avoid jerkiness from loading in mid-play.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or help!

Thank you!

• ~bump

still struggling with this if anyone has some advice

thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Combine objects together, for example, backgrounds objects can be one static object, I don't think there's a magic event that will instantly speed up your game

• Hey, thanks Whiteclaws! I really appreciate the advice.

Do you think it would be better to have 20 gradient background tilemaps (1x1080 each that i stretch to 1920x1080) or 1 sprite object for the background gradient with 20 animation frames (1x1080 for each frame)?

Thanks again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)